Welcome to the Chapter Challenge, a youth lacrosse festival for boys and girls that will feature good competition, camaraderie and sportsmanship on the pristine and spacious grounds of the Brandywine Polo Club in Chester County, Pennsylvania.
Registration is now open for three girls’ divisions (U11, U13, U15) and four boys’ divisions (U9, U11, U13, U15). You can take advantage of “Super Early Bird” and “Early Bird” discounts, but register soon.
- Each division will feature two or more brackets to help each time find the appropriate level of play for a good day of festival lacrosse.
- The event is open to “Club” and “Travel Teams” and we will have a group teams based on available data to ensure top competition.
- We will offer a U15 Elite Bracket for Girls in 2016 (full checking, provided teams satisfy coaching certification requirements).
- For dates of play and guidelines regarding divisions, click here.
THE CAUSE: The Chapter Challenge helps support initiatives of the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association, the chapter of US Lacrosse responsible for promoting the growth and development of the game in Eastern Pennsylvania.
- The PLA provides programs and services to members of the lacrosse community, including clinics for coaches and officials, and makes grant funding and technical expertise available to new programs.
- The PLA has provided over $400,000 to help underwrite lacrosse initiatives in the region (including efforts to grow the game in the Lehigh Valley, Northeastern PA and the City Philadelphia).
- The PLA also sponsors lacrosse related events, including charitable tournaments, runs the Annual High School Awards Banquet, hosts national team exhibitions, and manages the Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame.
THE CHALLENGE: To support the PLA, we ask all participating teams to do one of two things, they are not mandatory but we hope to further worthy objectives with your help:
- Challenge Partners: Each team is asked to solicit a benefactor to sponsor their team, with a recommended contribution of $100, payable to the PLA (“Challenge Partners” can register and pay by clicking here). “Challenge Partners” will be recognized publicly for their support on this website, on the PLA website, and in a press release before and after the event. Donations are tax exempt to the extent permitted by law. OR
- Stick Donations / HEADstring Initiative: Each team is asked to organize a stick collection drive. Donated sticks will be restrung and ultimately recycled to promote lacrosse in the City of Philadelphia and to further diversity and inclusion in the game. The PLA has partnered with HEADstrong Foundation, which provides its distinctive lime green mesh to support the “HEADstring Project”. The Project gives boys’ and girls’ sticks new life and helps spread the game, while communicating a message of character, toughness, integrity and perseverance reminiscent of HEADstrong’s founder. Community services credits can be awarded to players who organize stick donation drives for this cause.
We hope program directors and teams will accept the “Challenge” and help us raise money and recycle lacrosse sticks to support the work of the PLA! We look forward to seeing your teams at the Chapter Challenge. Have a great season!!