2nd Annual Youth Lacrosse
May 3-4, 2014
Welcome to the Chapter Challenge, a youth lacrosse festival for boys and girls that will feature good competition, camaraderie and sportsmanship on the pristine and spacious grounds of the Brandywine Polo Club in Chester County, Pennsylvania.
The Chapter Challenge is intended in part to help raise money for the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association, the chapter of US Lacrosse responsible for promoting the growth and development of the game in Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Every year, the PLA provides programs and services to members of the lacrosse community, including clinics for coaches and officials, and makes grant funding and technical expertise available to new programs.
- The PLA has provided over $350,000 to help underwrite lacrosse initiatives in the region (including efforts to grow the game in the City Philadelphia).
- The organization also conducts or sponsors lacrosse related events, including charitable events, hosts national team exhibitions, and manages the Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame.
Registration is now open for three girls’ divisions (U11, U13, U15) four boys’ divisions (U9, U11, U13, U15). Each division will feature two or more brackets to help each team find the appropriate level of play for a good day of festival lacrosse.
AGE GROUP / DIVISION
DATE OF PLAY
|Boys U9, U11, U13||Saturday, May 3, 2014|
|Girls U11, U13, U15
|Sunday, May 4, 2014|
THE CHALLENGE: As a key component of the “Challenge,” we are also asking all participating teams to do one of two things, they are not mandatory but we are hoping to further some worthy objectives with your support:
- Challenge Partners: We would ask each team to solicit and identify a benefactor to sponsor their appearance in the event, with a recommended contribution of $200, payable to the PLA (Challenge Partners can register and pay by clicking here). Each team’s “Challenge Partner” will be recognized for their support on this website, on the PLA website, and in a press release before and after the event. For teams from other US Lacrosse chapters, we will make arrangements to ensure their Challenge Partner donations are ultimately earmarked for their local chapter! Donations are tax exempt to the extent permitted by law.OR
- Stick Donations / HEADstring Initiative: We would ask each team to organize an effort to collect used lacrosse sticks, which can be donated, restrung and ultimately recycled for donation and used to promote lacrosse in the City of Philadelphia. The PLA has partnered with HEADstrong Foundation, which is donating its distinctive lime green mesh, in connection with this “HEADstring” initiative. We hope not only to give donated boys’ and girls’ sticks new life and help spread the game, but to communicate a message of character, toughness, integrity and perseverance reminiscent of HEADstrong’s founder to the recipients of our refurbished sticks. The PLA and HEADstrong will jointly award community service credit to players who organize stick donation drives and/or collect and donate sticks for this cause.
We hope program directors and teams will accept the “Challenge” and help us raise money and recycle lacrosse sticks to support the work of the PLA!
We look forward to seeing your teams at the Chapter Challenge. Have a great season!!