Welcome to the Chapter Challenge, a youth lacrosse festival for boys and girls that will feature good competition, camaraderie and sportsmanship on the pristine and spacious grounds of the Brandywine Polo Club in Chester County, Pennsylvania.
Registration is now open for three girls’ divisions (U11, U13, U15) and four boys’ divisions (U9, U11, U13, U15). Each division will feature two or more brackets to help each team find the appropriate level of play for a good day of festival lacrosse. In 2015, the event is open to “Club” and “Travel Teams” and we will have a separate division for teams looking for elite competition. For dates of play and guidelines regarding divisions, click here.
THE CAUSE: The Chapter Challenge will help support initiatives of the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association, the chapter of US Lacrosse responsible for promoting the growth and development of the game in Eastern Pennsylvania.
- The PLA provides programs and services to members of the lacrosse community, including clinics for coaches and officials, and makes grant funding and technical expertise available to new programs.
- The PLA has provided over $375,000 to help underwrite lacrosse initiatives in the region (including efforts to grow the game in the City Philadelphia).
- The organization also conducts or sponsors lacrosse related events, including charitable events and the Annual High School Awards Banquet, hosts national team exhibitions, and manages the Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame.
THE CHALLENGE: We ask all participating teams to do one of two things, they are not mandatory but we hope to further some worthy objectives with your support:
- Challenge Partners: Each team is asked to solicit and identify a benefactor to sponsor their team in the event, with a recommended contribution of $100 to $200, payable to the PLA (“Challenge Partners” can register and pay by clicking here). Each team’s “Challenge Partner” will be recognized for their support on this website, on the PLA website, and in a press release before and after the event. Donations are tax exempt to the extent permitted by law. OR
- Stick Donations / HEADstring Initiative: Each team is asked to organize a stick collection drive. Donated sticks will be restrung and ultimately recycled to promote lacrosse in the City of Philadelphia. The PLA has partnered with HEADstrong Foundation, which provides its distinctive lime green mesh to support the HEADstring Project. The Project gives boys’ and girls’ sticks new life and helps spread the game, while communicating a message of character, toughness, integrity and perseverance reminiscent of HEADstrong’s founder. Community services credits can be awarded to players who organize stick donation drives for this cause.
We hope program directors and teams will accept the “Challenge” and help us raise money and recycle lacrosse sticks to support the work of the PLA! We look forward to seeing your teams at the Chapter Challenge. Have a great season!!