Offical App of the Chapter Challenge
1st Annual Youth Lacrosse
April 20-21, 2013
Coaches, Players, Parents and Fans,
We look forward to your participation in the inaugural Chapter Challenge, which will feature 80 teams this weekend. This is to help you optimize your tournament experience and to help ensure a successful event.
BRACKETS / SCHEDULES (see http://www.chapterchallenge.net/schedule.php)
DIRECTIONS: Brandywine Polo Club, 232 Polo Road, Toughkenamon, PA 19374 (see http://www.chapterchallenge.net/location.php)
SITE MAP: Parking, team tent area, warm up area, field locations, Tournament HQ (under the Pavilion), Vendor Village and restrooms (see http://www.chapterchallenge.net/venue.php).
THE CHALLENGE: As a reminder, one purpose of the Chapter Challenge is to help raise money for the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association, the chapter of US Lacrosse responsible for promoting the growth and development of the game in Eastern Pennsylvania. We are asking for your team's/son's/daughter's support to help make the tournament a success:
- Challenge Partners - We are "challenging" all teams to secure a sponsor to make a contribution to support the work of the PLA (recommended contribution - $200; any greater or lesser amount is welcome and would be appreciated)! Each team and its "Challenge Partner" will be recognized in a press release sent to thousands of PLA members and on the PLA website. Please have your team's "Challenge Partner" register on the tournament website ASAP https://mytournamentregistration.com/chapterchallenge/partners.php. There is a drop down list of teams that have registered; your "Challenge Partner" will be asked to identify the team it is sponsoring!
- Donating Used/Surplus Sticks - Participating teams are also being "challenged" to collect used or surplus lacrosse sticks, heads and/or shafts and bring them to HQ tent during the event. The PLA will arrange to restring and ultimately recycle the sticks to support lacrosse in the City of Philadelphia. The PLA has partnered with HEADstrong Foundation, which is donating its distinctive lime green mesh, in connection with this "HEADstring Project" (see http://phillylacrosse.com/2013/02/27/pla-and-headstrong-stringing-awareness-through-headstring-project/).
TOURNAMENT T-SHIRTS: Tournament T-shirts (including a limited number of "Caution Flying Balls" T-Shirts) in various colors and sizes will be made available while supplies last at Tournament HQ. Be an early bird on Tournament T-Shirts, we do not expect supplies to last. Check them out - see http://www.chapterchallenge.net/tshirts.php.
VENDORS ON SITE (FOOD/EQUIPMENT/SPECIALTY ITEMS)
- Food/beverage vendors will feature reasonable prices and an assortment of food and beverages choices, including breakfast sandwiches, donuts, burgers/dogs, pasta salad, fruit salad, coffee, soda, water, etc.
- PLEASE SUPPORT OUR VENDORS (see http://www.chapterchallenge.net/vendors.php)
NO GRILLS, DOGS OR ALCHOHOL: No grills are permitted on the venue except those of our licensed/insured food vendors. It's a liability issue given the use of potential explosives (and we don't want grilling in any event as a courtesy to our vendors). Please do not jeopardize our use of the site.
TEAM PHOTOS/COACHES' GIFT: All teams are asked to stop by Game Day Photos in Vendor Village for a team picture. Each head coach will receive a poster of the team, courtesy of Game Day Photos. Please see http://www.gamedayphotosbyvinnie.net/NextGenerationTeamPosters/Lacrosse
ACTION PHOTOGRAPHS - SCOTT PILLING PHOTOGRAPHY: Scott Pilling Photography, a professional sports photography group that has worked with Sports Illustrated, will be on hand at the event. Contact Scott to have a photographer cover your game and get high quality actions shots of each and every player on your team. NOTE - you must arrange for this in advance (email@example.com; 732.770.3817, see http://www.chapterchallenge.net/photography.php).
COACHES, PLEASE CHECK IN: Check in your team, obtain a bag of balls, leave us with cell phone contacts for lost and found and other purposes.
- Boys' Rules (see http://www.chapterchallenge.net/boys.php)
- Girls' Rules (see http://www.chapterchallenge.net/girls.php)
CODE OF CONDUCT / HONOR THE GAME: Please read the Code and Conduct to ensure coaches, players and parents are all on the same page and adhere to high standards of play and sportsmanship (see http://www.chapterchallenge.net/code.php).
TWO-MAN GAME CLINICS: Johnny Mouradian, Head Coach and GM of the Philadelphia Wings, and Steve Holmes, a member of the Wings and the Denver Outlaws, will be conducting clinics over the course of the weekend on behalf of the American Indoor Lacrosse Association, focusing on the convergence of indoor lacrosse with the field game Coaches/Players - be sure to visit their set up to and pick up some "2-man game" tips (see http://www.ailacrosse.net/).
NCAA MEN'S AND WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP TICKETS:
- Men's Championships: Participating Teams received a special promotional code that will permit players and others in the group to purchase discounted tickets to the NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships over Memorial Day Weekend, as long as the tickets are purchased on or before the event. The NCAA will donate a portion of the proceeds generated through the promotion to the PLA to support youth lacrosse.
- Women's Championships: Please click here for the group discount order form
We look forward to seeing you and are hoping for a great weekend of festival lacrosse.